Jerusalem is the Israeli state capital and is the biggest city in Israel. Jerusalem is a holy city to all three religions; Judaism, Christianity and Islam and this is due to its 5000 year history of stories and legacies. Jerusalem's main history revolved around the old city, the same preserved site dating thousands of years back, documents the life it used to be. In the city, you will find four quarters: Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Armenian.
The tour starts atop Mount Olives, a site bearing significant importance to all three major religions with its predominant use being a Jewish burial site for over 3,000 years. Mount Olives provides a breathtaking scenic view of Jerusalem, looking down at the Old City and the Temple Mount. While driving along the Kidron Valley, at the Mount's foot you'll find the monumental burial tombs and the Garden of Gethsemane, where, according to biblical sources, Jesus and his followers prayed the night prior to his crucifixion.
Moving on we'll visit the Armenian Quarter and walk along the 1500-year-old Byzantine Cardo, an integral part of the city's design dating back to the Roman period. Next we'll head towards the Jewish Quarter and visit the Kotel - the Western Wall, a remnant of the ancient wall that once surrounded the Jewish Temple's courtyard.
We'll end our tour while following the Stations of the Cross (Via Dolorosa), the path Jesus took leading to his crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher where it is said Jesus was buried and resurrected three days later. At this point our tour has ended and you are welcome to explore and enjoy the bazaars in the Christian and Muslim Quarters.
You will return to Tel Aviv or to Ben Gurion Airport at 1:30 PM.
- End the tour in the Old City of Jerusalem at 1:00 PM. Click here for more information and booking.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service.
- Transport to the Airport / Tel Aviv upon your request.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Entrance fees.
The tour does not include:
- You will return immediately to Tel Aviv / Ben Gurion Airport at 1:30 PM.
- Business class - small groups in luxury van / minibus. (Optional)
- A moderate dress code is required to enter the holy places. Knees and shoulder.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.