Due to the closeness of Jordan to the Eilat border, we offer breathtaking tours to the “Petra” region in Jordan. Petra, the world wonder, is without a doubt Jordan’s most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction. Petra is a unique city, carved into the sheer rock face by the Nabateans, who settled here more than 2000 years ago.
Day 1: Petra Tour
Flight at 06:30 AM from Sde-Dov Airport (Tel Aviv) to Eilat Airport.
After you have been picked up from Eilat airport we will start our journey towards the Israeli Jordan border crossing, there we will swop over into a different vehicle on the Jordanian side of the border. From there we continue driving in the direction of Petra, on the way we will stop at a few lookout points where we can look over Wadi Ram and the Jordanian mountains. At around 11:30 we will arrive in Petra and visit one of the wonders of the world.
At approximately 3:30 PM we will stop for a little while to enjoy an authentic lunch at one of the local restaurants. At 5:30 PM we will set out for Wadi Ram where we will spend the night in an authentic encampment (sleeping outdoors) as well as experiencing a camp-side dinner, under the stars in one of the most special places in the world.
06:30 AM Flight from Sde Dov Tel Aviv to Eilat airpot
07:30 AM - Transfer from Eilat airportto Arava border with our professional assistance.
08:00 AM - Crossing the border.
09:00 AM - Transfer to Petra by new models of air-conditioned cars / vans / buses.
11:30 AM - Entrance To Petra with the guide + short horse ride in Petra.
03:30 PM - Lunch at a local restaurant.
05:30 PM - Transport to Wadi Rum.
06:30 PM - Over night at Beduin tent in Wadi Rum.
07:30 PM - Dinner in the Bedouin Tent.
Day 2: Wadi Rum Jeep Safari Tour
We start the morning with an incredible breakfast at the encampment, when we have finished eating we set out on a jeep tour in one of the most spectacular areas of the world – Wadi Ram. In 2011 the Wadi Ram region was named the most impressive site in the world by UNESCO. This is due to its uniqueness, which includes a unique desert landscape, a range of narrow channels, natural rock arches, high cliffs and natural caves.
The jeep tour will last 2 hours and after that we will continue on by bus towards Aqaba, there we will enjoy a short sightseeing tour of the Jordanian city. After the tour we will set off on our return journey to Eilat and drop off points at the Eilat Airport or at your hotel in the city.
- Sunrise in the desert with a cup of tea.
- Breakfast in the camp.
- Jeep safari in Wadi Rum (2 hours) .
- Return to the camp - transport to Aqaba.
- City tour in Aqaba - free time in the market for shopping.
- Transport to Arava border.
04:30 PM - Transfer from the border to Eilat with our professional assistance.
08:00 PM - Flight from Eilat to Tel Aviv.
The tour includes:
- Flight from Sde-Dov Airport Tel Aviv to Eilat Airport.
- Flight from Eilat Airport to Sde-Dov Airport Tel Aviv.
- Transfer from Eilat airpot to Arava border with our team of professional assistants.
- Transfer back to Arava Border and to your hotel Eilat.
- One night
in Bedouin Tent at Wadi Rum include dinner and breakfast (hot shower in the place).
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
- Professional tour guide in English. (Other languages available for extra cost)
- Entrance fees + short horse ride in Petra.
- 2 hours Jeep safari tour in Wadi Rum.
The tour does not include:
- Border fees and tips ($62 special fee for crossing Israel - Jordan border for over-day tourists).
- Personal insurance - No Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.
- Health insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Soft drinks.
- Visa / Tax / Border fees and tips will be paid in cash only (payable in U.S dollars, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- A valid passport is required on the day tour. We require nationality passport number, place & date of issue, birth date, and expiry date for reservation.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas. Click here for more information about Visa to Jordan.
- Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
- Don't forget: Very warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, cool comfortable clothing, comfortable walking shoes.
- No food or drink (water included) is allowed across into Jordan.
- Lunch will be late, so please eat Breakfast before departure.
- There will be a 50% cancellation fee for cancellations made 24 hours or less prior to departure.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.