Due to the closeness of Jordan to the Eilat border, we offer breathtaking tours to the “Petra” region in Jordan. Petra, the world wonder, is without a doubt Jordan’s most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction. Petra is a unique city, carved into the sheer rock face by the
Nabateans, who settled here more than 2000 years ago.
The tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel in Eilat at 7:30 AM. At 8:00 AM our representatives and the tour guide will meet you at the South Border (the Arava), assisting with visa requisition and passage through the border. We then start heading towards Petra via deluxe transportation (A/C), driving through the desert highway (80 km) with a short stop at a guest house.
Departing from the guest house we continue our journey to Petra via the King’s highway (35 km). Our next stop will be near the Hasan Prince Palace for a marvellous view of the Petra mountains. When we arrive at the visitor center the guide will then escort you into Petra, touring the spectacular sites of the Nabatean city.
Heading into the city through the Siq and be greeted with the sight of Jordan’s most unique monument, The Treasury (known as Al Khazneh). The city’s highlights which we will tour include the theatre, the tombs, the facades and the colonnaded street.We then have launch (open buffet) at Nabatean’s Tent Rest, and head back in to the city where you will have time to shop at the Bedouin bazaars. The tour then offers an optional tour to the city of Aqaba or transportation back to the southern border for your departure.
07:30 AM - Pick up from your hotel in Eilat, and transfer to Arabah border with our professional crew.
08:00 AM - Border passing includes: border control and customs.
09:00 AM - Transfer from border to Petra. Transport time approximately 2.3 hours, passing through a vast and comfortable high way ("desert way"), following through a scenic route on the mountain side, and arriving at Petra's historical site.
11:30 AM - Tour of Petra begins at the entrance to the site. Included in your package is an optional horse-back ride for the first 700 meters of the route (tipping the carrier is required, ranging from 2-5 dollars at your discretion).
03:30 PM - Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
04:30 PM - We begin our return trip towards the border. This route includes a few stops along the way at certain observation points in order for you to enjoy the beautiful landscape Wadi Ram has to offer.
06:30 PM - Arriving in Aqaba for a Short panoramic tour of the city, depending on our time of schedule, we might consider a walking tour as well.
07:00 PM - Arrival at border and return to Israeli territory with assistance of our crew, transported back to our primary destination/s in Eilat.
07:30 PM - The tour ends, until next time…
The tours includes:
- Transfer from your hotel in Eilat to Arava border with our team of professional assistants.
- Transfer back to Arava Border and to your hotel in Eilat.
- Transported in our newest models of air-conditioned cars / vans / buses.
- English speaking Jordanian tour guide. (Other languages available for extra cost).
- Entrance fees + short horse ride in Petra.
- Lunch in a local authentic restaurant.
The tours does not include:
- Border fees and tips ($62 special fee for crossing Israel - Jordan border for over-day tourists. Border fees may change due to currency rates changes).
- Personal insurance is not included - No Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.
- Health insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Soft drinks.
- Flights to Eilat from Tel Aviv are available by special request. ($100 p/p - one direction).
- Visa / Tax / Border fees and tips will be paid in cash only (payable in U.S dollars, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- A valid passport is required on the day tour. We require nationality passport number, place & date of issue, birth date, and expiry date for reservation.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas. Click here for more information about Visa to Jordan.
- Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
- No food or drink (water included) is allowed across into Jordan.
- Don't forget: Very warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, cool comfortable clothing, comfortable walking shoes.
- Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
- There will be a 50% cancellation fee for cancellations made 24 hours or less prior to departure.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.