Due to the closeness of Jordan to the Eilat border, we offer breathtaking tours to the “Petra” region in Jordan. Petra, the world wonder, is without a doubt Jordan’s most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction. Petra is a unique city, carved into the sheer rock face by the
Nabateans, who settled here more than 2000 years ago.
The tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel in Eilat at 7:30 AM. At 8:30 AM our representatives and the tour guide will meet you at the South Border (the Arava), assisting with visa requisition and passage through the border. We then start heading towards Petra via deluxe transportation (A/C), driving through the desert highway (80 km) with a short stop at a guest house. Departing from the guest house we continue our journey to Petra via the King’s highway (35 km).
Our next stop will be near the Hasan Prince Palace for a marvelous view over the Petra mountains. When we arrive at the visitor center the guide will then escort you into Petra, touring the spectacular sites of the Nabatean city. Heading into the city through the Siq and be greeted with the sight of Jordan’s most unique monument, The Treasury (known as Al Khazneh).
The city’s highlights which we will tour include the theatre, the tombs, the facades and the colonnaded street. We then have launch (open buffet) at Nabatean’s Tent Rest, and head back in to the city where you will have time to shop at the Bedouin bazaars. The tour then offers an optional tour to the city of Aqaba or transportation back to the southern border for your departure.
Schedule Day 1:
07:30 AM - Transfer from Eilat to Arava border with our professional crew.
08:30 AM - Crossing over to the Jordanian side of the border.
09:00 AM - Transfer from the border to Petra.
11:30 AM - Arrive at Petra's historical site. Start the tour in Petra.
03:30 PM - Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
04:30 PM - Pick-up from site and transfer to your hotel in Petra.
05:00 PM - Free evening.
Day 2:Good morning, after a good night's sleep in our comfortable hotel we rise and have a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant. When you have finished eating you will have some "free time" when you can walk around on your own (YOUR-WAY) through the lanes of the city of Petra.
The city center of Petra is a daily open market where you can find interesting souvenirs, cheap restaurants and unique pastries. Close to the city center, towards the east, there is a covered market, here you can find nick-knacks, cheap clothes, sun glasses and more, this market is also open daily – so it is worthwhile visiting this area.
At 4:30 PM we will all meet back at the hotel in order to make our way back towards Eilat. On our way back we will stop at a few breathtaking lookout points overlooking Wadi Rum. At approximately 6:30pm we will arrive in Aqaba where we will go on a short sightseeing tour in the city center (if there is enough time) after which we will continue on our journey to Eilat to the drop off point at the Eilat Airport or at your hotel.
Schedule day 2:08:00 AM
- Breakfast at the hotel.09:00 AM
- Free time to explore petra and the authentic market. 04:30 PM
- Pick-up from Petra hotel and drive to Wadi Rum for observation and pictures.06:30 PM
- Arrive to Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city, depending on our time of schedule, we might consider a walking tour as well.07:00 PM
- Drive to the border and the passport control.
The tour includes:
- Transfer from your hotel in Eilat to Arava border with our professional crew.
- Transfer back to Arava border and to your hotel in Eilat.
- Transported in our newest models of air-conditioned cars / vans / buses.
- One night at 3 stars hotel in Petra: Amra Palace Hotel Petra
- Entrance fees.
- English speaking Jordanian tour guide. (Other languages are available for extra cost).
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant (Day 1).
- Professional tour guide in English. (Other languages available for extra cost).
The tour does not include:
- Border fees and tips ($62 special fee for crossing Israel-Jordan border for over-day tourists. Border fees may change due to currency rates changes).
- Personal insurance - No Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.
- Personal expenses.
- Health insurance.
- Soft drinks.
- Luxury hotel is available for additional $100 per person: Marriott Hotel Petra.
- Flights to Eilat from Tel Aviv are available by special request. ($100 p/p - one direction).
- Single Traveler Supplement: $50 per night.
- Visa / Tax / Border fees and tips will be paid in cash only (payable in U.S dollars, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- A valid passport is required on the day tour. We require nationality passport number, place & date of issue, birth date, and expiry date for reservation.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas. Click here for more information about Visa to Jordan.
- Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
- Don't forget: Very warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, cool comfortable clothing, comfortable walking shoes.
- No food or drink (water included) is allowed across into Jordan.
- Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
- There will be a 50% cancellation fee for cancellations made 24 hours or less prior to departure.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.