Cairo is located at a six hour long drive from the city of Eilat, making it a popular destination by visitors to the city of Eilat. Cairo is the largest city in the Middle East and Africa, and is called the capital of the Arab states by quite a few people. Trips to Cairo and to Sinai combine an urban city tour with a historic trip, which explores Egypt's pyramids and the long history of the city.
The trip begins with the arrival of transportation to your hotel , where you will be picked up at 11:50 PM and be taken to the Taba border in order to cross into Egypt. You will then be met with and board an overnight drive to Cairo whilst seeing The Great Pyramid of Giza - the oldest and most preserved wonder of The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and The Great Sphinx of Giza, the world’s largest monolith statue. Located next to the Pyramids of Giza, we will visit the Papyrus Institute providing insight as to how papyrus the material used for ancient Egyptian writing is made.
Overnight in Cairo.
Next we’ll head Into Cairo, where we will visit The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities (common known as The Egyptian Museum). The museum is home to the world’s most vast collection of Paranoiac antiquities and an astounding display of treasures relating to King Tutankhamen, many of which provide insight and knowledge into the vast history of the rich Egyptian heritage. We then head towards the Khan el-Khalili market in Cairo, one of the city’s main attractions for tourists and locals alike. The market houses many shops and small, traditional coffee shops offering a taste of genuine Arabic coffee. You will have time to stroll through the famous market-area of the Khan el Khalili Bazaar. Overnight in Cairo.
After breakfast at your hotel we drive to SAKKARA, the ancient "Necropolis" of the Old Kingdom's Capital, Memphis, where we will visit a few pyramids and tombs, among them the known "Step Pyramid", the oldest known Pyramid. In the early afternoon we will drive you to the Taba Border Crossing. After crossing the border, you will be transferred back to Eilat.
The tour includes:
Two night at 3 stars hotel in Cairo. (Rates per person in a double room).
- Hotel Pick up and drop off service.
- Professional tour guide in your language.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Entrance fees.
The tour does not include:
- Food and drinks.
- The tour in Cairo Museum does not include the Mummies' room.
- Israel and Jordan border taxes + transport to the border ($62 US Collected in Cash in Border ).
- Visa to Egypt - ($20 US Collected in Cash in Border ).
- Flights to Eilat from Tel Aviv are available by special request. ($100 p/p - one direction)
- Mondays - Minimum of 2 travelers per booking is required.
- Tuesdays - Thursdays & Saturdays - Minimum of 3 travelers per booking is required.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas. Click here for more information about Visa to Egypt.
- On Ramadan Muslim month - depart at 1 AM.
- Additional charges for 4 and 5 stars hotels.
- Additional charge for different Language.
- Do not forget: Passport, Camera, Comfortable walking shoes and a Coat (in winter time).
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are required in the summer.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.